Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL with MATLAB leaking memory

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm having memory issues when using COMSOL LiveLink for MATLAB. Essentially I'm solving the same simulation with varying parameters in a for loop while because I'm intrested in some parametric dependence. Unexpectedly, as the simulation is running the memory usage slowly piles up. Even after clearing the workspace (clear all, clearvars, clear -global), the program comsolmphserver.exe is still consuming a lot of memory. The same script didn't give this problem with 5.2a, it began when I started using 5.4

Is there any way to release this memory? Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2019, 10:20 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 5, 2019, 1:30 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jul 5, 2019, 1:30 p.m. EDT

Hi Andrea

Installing the latest update should help.

If that doesn't help then please send your model to support and we'll see what we can do to help.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Andrea Installing the latest update should help. If that doesn't help then please send your model to support and we'll see what we can do to help.

Posted: 5 years ago Jul 9, 2019, 10:20 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Jul 9, 2019, 10:19 a.m. EDT

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your help. Updating didn't work but I found another thread on this forum ("Memory Usage Increase With Looped LiveLink For MATLAB") from someone having the same problem I was facing.

The solution you suggested was to lookup the knowledge base entry: https://www.comsol.eu/support/knowledgebase/1264

...and it worked!

Thanks again,

Andrea

Hi Lars, Thank you for your help. Updating didn't work but I found another thread on this forum ("Memory Usage Increase With Looped LiveLink For MATLAB") from someone having the same problem I was facing. The solution you suggested was to lookup the knowledge base entry: https://www.comsol.eu/support/knowledgebase/1264 ...and it worked! Thanks again, Andrea

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.