Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to pass in variables for x,y,z location in atxd3?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm using the reactive pellet bed and making a lot of use of atxd2 and atxd3 functions to plot concentrations inside the particles. The format is atxd3(x,y,z,variable). Instead of specifying x,y and z, I would like to pass in variables. This would allow me to look at te same relative positions in my catalyst beds irrespective of size and shape of bed.

2 Replies Last Post Aug 12, 2019, 1:19 p.m. EDT
Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 12, 2019, 12:45 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Aug 12, 2019, 12:43 p.m. EDT

Hi Bruce, you can pass in Global variables or Results Parameters to the atxd3 operator, but not variables which are space dependent. In the attached example, in the Solution on Extra Dimension Plot Group, I use the expression: comp1.atxd3(xpos,ypos,0.5,v) xpos is a Global variable and ypos is defined as a Result Parameter. Results parameters can be useful, as you can animate the solution. For example, in Animation 1, we are sweeping over the Result Parameter ypos, basically creating an animation of the solution in the extra dimension while sweeping through the y-coordinate in the base geometry.

Dan

Hi Bruce, you can pass in **Global** variables or **Results Parameters** to the atxd3 operator, but not variables which are space dependent. In the attached example, in the *Solution on Extra Dimension* Plot Group, I use the expression: comp1.atxd3(xpos,ypos,0.5,v) xpos is a Global variable and ypos is defined as a Result Parameter. Results parameters can be useful, as you can animate the solution. For example, in Animation 1, we are sweeping over the Result Parameter ypos, basically creating an animation of the solution in the extra dimension while sweeping through the y-coordinate in the base geometry. Dan

Posted: 5 years ago Aug 12, 2019, 1:19 p.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Aug 12, 2019, 1:17 p.m. EDT

Thanks Daniel!

Thanks Daniel!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.