Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary selection on 2D heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am building a 2D heat transfer model of a solid circle. However, I am having some troubles with the boundary selection. Is there a flexible way to select where to apply the boundary conditions? Ideally I would like to be able to set two angles which define the selection range on the circumference to apply the boundary condition to.

Thanks,
Sonya

2 Replies Last Post Nov 24, 2011, 11:36 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2011, 11:52 a.m. EST
Sonya,

you may need to divide the domain into suitable subdomains to obtain the boundary segments you need. If you use parameters to define the geometry it can work in quite a convenient way.

Cheers
Edgar
Sonya, you may need to divide the domain into suitable subdomains to obtain the boundary segments you need. If you use parameters to define the geometry it can work in quite a convenient way. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 24, 2011, 11:36 a.m. EST
Thank you!
Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.