Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Display A B D Matrices

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am Ozge, I would like to display the matrix A B D of the composite sandwich panels in Comsol. Is there an interface used for this? Can you help me with how to display A B D matrices in a composite model?

1 Reply Last Post Nov 7, 2019, 11:20 p.m. EST
Pawan Soami COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Nov 7, 2019, 11:20 p.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Nov 7, 2019, 11:20 p.m. EST

Hi Ozge,

The Layered Linear Elastic Material node in the Shell interface computes A, B, D matrices. The variables are called shell.DA, shell.DB, Shell.DD.

You can refer laminated_shell_material_characteristics example model available in the Application Library.

Note that you can also display all three together using shell.ABD variable. In case you want flexibility matrices, you can use shell.Da, shell.Db, Shell.Dd variables.

Best regards,
Pawan Soami

Hi Ozge, The Layered Linear Elastic Material node in the Shell interface computes A, B, D matrices. The variables are called *shell.DA*, *shell.DB*, *Shell.DD*. You can refer laminated_shell_material_characteristics example model available in the Application Library. Note that you can also display all three together using *shell.ABD* variable. In case you want flexibility matrices, you can use *shell.Da*, *shell.Db*, *Shell.Dd* variables. Best regards, Pawan Soami

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.