Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a temperature field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to stimulate the natural frequencies for a certain model. In the COMSOL I can just define the whole model as a certain temperature like 300K. But for my model, the temperature in each point is different, how can I import the temperature field data or how can I define a temperature field for the model?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 23, 2020, 10:37 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Mar 23, 2020, 10:37 a.m. EDT

Hello,

One solution, of course, would be to have COMSOL compute the temperature field. But if you already know the temperature field, then you can import it using what's called an Interpolation function. They are documented in the Reference Guide for COMSOL Multiphysics, and have been discussed in this Discussion Forum.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, One solution, of course, would be to have COMSOL compute the temperature field. But if you already know the temperature field, then you can import it using what's called an Interpolation function. They are documented in the Reference Guide for COMSOL Multiphysics, and have been discussed in this Discussion Forum. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.