Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Make 1D simulation visible in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys, I'm pretty sure, that this is possible, but I don't know, how to do it. So, my problem uses a cylinder as geometry. However, due to symmetry, I only want to do a 1D simulation to reduce computational costs. This 1D line would be basically the diameter of the cylinder. The simulation yields me a stress distribution over this line, but I'd like to make it visible on the whole cross-section of my cylinder, meaning I need to rotate my results of the 1D line around its centre. How do you do that?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

2 Replies Last Post Apr 16, 2020, 1:55 p.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 15, 2020, 2:50 p.m. EDT

Hey Simon,

Have you looked into the Revolution 1D node, under the Dataset node in the Results section?

Cheers,

Alex

Hey Simon, Have you looked into the Revolution 1D node, under the Dataset node in the Results section? Cheers, Alex

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 16, 2020, 1:55 p.m. EDT

That's, what I was looking for! Thanks a lot.

That's, what I was looking for! Thanks a lot.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.