Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d model magnet field speed

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

in the 2d model ,In the Physics toolbar, click Domains and choose Velocity (Lorentz Term),however in the 3d model,click Domains,there is no Velocity (Lorentz Term)

5 Replies Last Post Jun 25, 2020, 10:45 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 9, 2020, 1:35 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Jun 9, 2020, 1:36 p.m. EDT

Yes, but this is the velocity of the medium, not the field. See the attached, from Comsol's help system:

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Yes, but this is the velocity of the medium, not the field. See the attached, from Comsol's help system:

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 11, 2020, 9:00 a.m. EDT

thank you but the magnetic and electric filed is fit for the Steady state solver however i want to use the velocity in Transient solver

thank you but the magnetic and electric filed is fit for the Steady state solver however i want to use the velocity in Transient solver

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 12, 2020, 7:51 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Jun 12, 2020, 7:51 p.m. EDT

If you need to work with a material velocity in a 3D EM model, you could use the mef formulation, with a velocity term. This is available in the AC/DC module. See the screenshot images attached.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
If you need to work with a material velocity in a 3D EM model, you could use the **mef** formulation, with a velocity term. This is available in the AC/DC module. See the screenshot images attached.

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 14, 2020, 3:39 a.m. EDT

thank you,thank you but the magnetic and electric filed is fit for the Steady state solver however i want to use the velocity in Transient solver. the example falling_magnet.mph in the 2d is used for Transient solver.

thank you,thank you but the magnetic and electric filed is fit for the Steady state solver however i want to use the velocity in Transient solver. the example falling_magnet.mph in the 2d is used for Transient solver.

Posted: 4 years ago Jun 25, 2020, 10:45 p.m. EDT

i want to use the 2d axisymmetric to build the magnetic module,and use the 2d to build the piezoelectricity module,how to combine the 2d axisymmetric module and 2d module?

i want to use the 2d axisymmetric to build the magnetic module,and use the 2d to build the piezoelectricity module,how to combine the 2d axisymmetric module and 2d module?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.