Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mechano-optics simulation [first mechanical, then optical]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to observe the mechanical deformation effect on optical property? Say suppose I am exciting a particular frequency on a waveguide, now by pressure/acoustics I am deforming the structure like the sinusoidal deformation unlike grating. I could achieve this deformation, but after deformation how the optical coupled into the waveguide that I am exciting. The results I am getting even by choosing the user controlled solutions of the mechanical deformation in solver is for straight waveguide previously. To be simple, no effect been observed of the deformation of the structure in optical (ewfd) excitation. There is multiphysics coupling in acoustic structure deformation, but after deformation how to use that for optics (ewfd) domain, even m' choosing the solution of the previous computation in solving frequency domain in ewfd physics. Please help on this issue..

0 Replies Last Post Jun 17, 2020, 10:27 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shuvajit Roy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.