Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Cylindrical Coordinate in Electrostatics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I'm trying to simulate the electric field on the top surface of a piece of diamond by placing two electrodes (a round electrode in the center and a ring electrode on the outer part) on top of it. I'm interested in the donut shaped area between the electrodes and I want to view the results under the cyclindrical coordinate. I've tried selecting the default cylindrical coordinate under the charge consevation node of the Electrodatics module but somehow the coordinate could not be successfully applied. I've also tried manually setting up the coordinate system using the base-vector node (see attached plot), but it didn't work either. I've attached the result below for es.Ex. Could anyone help me figure out what is wrong here?

0 Replies Last Post Dec 22, 2020, 7:08 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sophia Liu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.