Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

line graph of surface integral

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

My model is a cylinder (3D) axis is in z direction.

I can get a surface integral of a variable (eg volume force) in any xy plane.

I now wish to display on a line graph, the variation of this xy integral in the z direction.

Is this possible without having to manually run a series of surface integrals at different z values?

thanks

David

3 Replies Last Post Apr 8, 2013, 1:49 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 5, 2012, 9:58 a.m. EDT
If you can compute it, you can have it populate a table. From the table you can plot it.
If you can compute it, you can have it populate a table. From the table you can plot it.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 5, 2012, 11:07 a.m. EDT
Hi

I believe you can also use an integration with a mapping onto your Z line axis and then you use a line plot on thatmapped integrated value

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you can also use an integration with a mapping onto your Z line axis and then you use a line plot on thatmapped integrated value -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 8, 2013, 1:49 p.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,

Is the mapping you mentioned a model coupling? In David's example, how would you implement the method you describe?

Thank you,

Adam Parrott
Dear Ivar, Is the mapping you mentioned a model coupling? In David's example, how would you implement the method you describe? Thank you, Adam Parrott

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.