Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi frequency step study

Mohammad Parvinnezhad Hokmabadi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am trying to simulate a RF structure in a long frequency domain.
So for saving time I am going to divide this long range into small ranges, say 2 small ranges with different step sizes.
For example 1 up to 6 THz is converted to 1) 1 : 0.01 : 4 THz and 2) 4.1 :0.1: 6 THz.
I did this simply by right clicking on study and chose two different frequency domain studies. Then I defined above mentioned frequency ranges 1 and 2 and ran.
The problem is when I am going to see the results of Transmission or Reflection, I chose frequency domain 1 and 2 but the results are calculated just for the second range (frequency domain 2).
In my simulation, it has been created just one solver which includes two frequency ranges but the results just are calculated for the 2nd domain.
Is there anyone that could help me to see what is the wrong with my calculation or simulation settings?
I appropriate your helps. If other information is required to answer please let me know.

2 Replies Last Post Jun 8, 2012, 1:04 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 29, 2012, 2:09 a.m. EDT
Hi

if you add 2 solver sequences under a study node, mostly (but not always and I have not yet found the rule ;) COMSOL set a "Store Solution" node in between.
The easiest to check is is to select generate the "default sequence", and look at it, if the STORE Solution not there, add manually a Stored solution node and place it in between the two solver sequeces (before the dependent variables of the second case).
Then once solved in the postprocessing you will get 2 distinct "Data sets", the first is often the last solver sequence, just check th elinks and their order

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you add 2 solver sequences under a study node, mostly (but not always and I have not yet found the rule ;) COMSOL set a "Store Solution" node in between. The easiest to check is is to select generate the "default sequence", and look at it, if the STORE Solution not there, add manually a Stored solution node and place it in between the two solver sequeces (before the dependent variables of the second case). Then once solved in the postprocessing you will get 2 distinct "Data sets", the first is often the last solver sequence, just check th elinks and their order -- Good luck Ivar

Mohammad Parvinnezhad Hokmabadi

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 8, 2012, 1:04 p.m. EDT
Thanks
Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.