Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Local Coordinate System for Velocity Field at Inclined Inlet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am working on a CFD model to which I want to impose a velocity field at an inclined (wrt the global coordinate system) inlet. For simplicity, let's say I want this velocity field to be (0,0,x) wrt a local coordinate system attached to the inlet. Instead of having to convert (0,0,x) to the global coordinate system (with projections and so on) I would love to be able to define a local coordinate system to reference it to.

I have defined a "Base Vector System 2" relative to the Work Plane I have used to define the inlet (see image). However, when I introduce the velocity field at the inlet as (0,0,sys2.x1), it says "Unkwown variable sys2.x1". What am I missing? Is there an easier way to define this velocity field wrt to the inlet's coordinate system? Any other advice?

Thank you in advance.

Víctor

PS1: wrt = with respect to PS2: I have tried sys2.x1, sys2.x, sys2.xw, wp1.xw, wp1.x1... Nothing seems to be right haha

0 Replies Last Post May 24, 2021, 9:04 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Victor Garcia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.