Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.3 with MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Dear COMSOL,

Could you give me a detailed example (steps) of how to convert COMSOL in MATLAB and how can I open and run it in MATLAB, please?

What I did:

1- I created my model in COMSOL
2- Left click on “File” and left click on “Save As Model M-File”
3- A new window appeared “Save History”
4- I assigned a name to the file “name.m” and click on “save”
5- I went to the File “name.m” and I opened with MATLAB R2010b
6- The MATLAB Script was opened and I run the model with click in run or F5
7- …and an error message appears;
??? Java exception occurred:
Exception:
org.eclipse.net4j.util.transaction.TransactionException: org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.util.TransportException:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
If I open “COMSOL 4.3 with MATLAB” a black window appears, it ask me for my username and my password and then appears the message:

COMSOL 4.3 <Build:###> started listening on port ####
Use the console command ‘close’ to exit the application
A client with username ‘XXXXXXXX’ has logged on to the server from ‘XXXXX-PC’ using port ####

But then I do not know what to do

Regards,

1 Reply Last Post Jun 7, 2012, 9:27 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 7, 2012, 9:27 a.m. EDT
Hi

the first time you run COMAOl with matlab it ask for username and password as it reloops over IP ports to link the two software, but then it should launch matlab with the dll to COMSOl linked in, seems that this does not happen for you.

Check your installation doc, and there are a few threads on the forum try a search, its for v4.2 or 4.1 but probably there are some commonalities still ;)

there are also info on the KB of COMSOL (Knowledge Base) check it there, finally you have to call your local rep or "support", if nobody else can helpe here on the user forum

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the first time you run COMAOl with matlab it ask for username and password as it reloops over IP ports to link the two software, but then it should launch matlab with the dll to COMSOl linked in, seems that this does not happen for you. Check your installation doc, and there are a few threads on the forum try a search, its for v4.2 or 4.1 but probably there are some commonalities still ;) there are also info on the KB of COMSOL (Knowledge Base) check it there, finally you have to call your local rep or "support", if nobody else can helpe here on the user forum -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.