Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

with() operator very inefficient for average and std degression

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

when I do a frequency analysis I solve for several frequencies and sometimes would like to calculate an average or std. degression than I use for example:

Lp = acpr.Lp

Lp_avg_area = avoep1(Lp) (avoep1 = Average Operator (Non Local Couplings))

Lp_std_deg_area = sqrt(avoep1((Lp-Lp_avg_area)^2))

Lp_avg_total = sum(with(ka,Lp_avg_area/nf),ka,1,nf)

Lp_std_deg_total = sqrt(sum(with((ka,Lp_avg_area-Lp_avg_total)^2/nf),ka,1,nf))

This can actually be quiet computationally costly because for Lp_std_deg_total the functions Lp_avg_area and Lp_avg_total will be called for every step these will call other functions and so on. I couldn't find a more elegant solution so far do you have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Finn

0 Replies Last Post Jan 6, 2022, 2:14 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Finn Bosholm

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.