Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

limitations of number of data in table or result.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using the transient solver in RF modual, and recording the time-varying electric field.

For example, I have the following setteings:

Comsol is set to record the electric field at a given point every 1fs starting from 0 to 20,000fs.
Then, after simulation, I would suppose to have 20,000 data points.

However, it seems that there is a limitation on the maximun number of stored data numbers, only the latest 10,000 data are recored, and all the values before that are erased. Under this situation, when I plot electric field E versus time t, I only get 10,000 points instead of 20,000.

Can anyone help me to figure this out, since I need a long data sequence to do further data analyzing. I really appreciate for your help. Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post Jul 31, 2012, 11:20 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 p.m. EDT
I usually use Results-Export-Data. It easily gives me 1,000,000 points
I usually use Results-Export-Data. It easily gives me 1,000,000 points

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 31, 2012, 11:20 a.m. EDT
Hi Alexander,

It really helps, thank you.
Hi Alexander, It really helps, thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.