Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

eddy currents model error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I open the eddy currents model in AC/DC Model \ Iductive devices and coils, and click Update Solution in Study 1, an error appears in streamline plot: "Cannot evaluate expression", as shown attached. Could anyone help me fix the problem?

Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post Aug 3, 2012, 4:49 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 2, 2012, 1:25 p.m. EDT
Hi

From my understanding: if your plot did work before the update, then something did not update correctly, you should send your model or a reduced version, to "support" so they might find out what is going on, as we users do not really know everything under the hood.
Now depending on what your variable should show, you might still be able to plot by replacing the variable name by its formula, if you know that.

But be aware that some changes to the model cannot be done with only a "solution update", and might require a "full re-run"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi From my understanding: if your plot did work before the update, then something did not update correctly, you should send your model or a reduced version, to "support" so they might find out what is going on, as we users do not really know everything under the hood. Now depending on what your variable should show, you might still be able to plot by replacing the variable name by its formula, if you know that. But be aware that some changes to the model cannot be done with only a "solution update", and might require a "full re-run" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 2, 2012, 8:28 p.m. EDT
Dear Ivar,

Thanks for your kind reply! For in my own model, the same problem appears, and I cannot fix it. Then I come to the model library, the same problem exists. So I doubt that it is the problem of the COMSOL.

Best wishes!
Dear Ivar, Thanks for your kind reply! For in my own model, the same problem appears, and I cannot fix it. Then I come to the model library, the same problem exists. So I doubt that it is the problem of the COMSOL. Best wishes!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 3, 2012, 4:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

when nothing works, there is always "support" of COMOSL that can ;) Another way is to follow the COMSOL formulas (turn on equation view) you learn quite a lot like that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when nothing works, there is always "support" of COMOSL that can ;) Another way is to follow the COMSOL formulas (turn on equation view) you learn quite a lot like that -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.