Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sum frequency generation by combining coplanar waveguide and nonlinear crystal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a device that consists of a coplanar waveguide (CPW), that has a slab of nonlinear crystal embedded in the substrate. The purpose of the nonlinear crystal is to perform sum-frequency generation (SFG) using the CPW's electric field.

I have designed the CPW in frequency domain, using a TEM excitation with a numeric port within the RF module. I have combined this study with 2 Electromagnetic Wave, Frequency Domain interfaces from the wave optics module to couple an optical pump and SFG-generated signal's polarization to the generated electric fields. However, I am not getting any generated signal in any region of the crystal except for the region that I'm applying the pump - as if they're not propagating throughout the crystal I placed beneath the resonator.

I have tried to carry this work to Electromagnetic Wave, Transient physics to attempt solving the issue in time domain, but I cannot excite the CPW with a numeric port as I did in the frequency domain.

Is there any way to excite the resonator as I did in the frequency domain solution? I already know the resonant frequency so I'm only trying to properly excite the CPW. I would also appreciate any suggestions on dealing with the device in a frequency domain work.

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Apr 26, 2022, 6:18 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Furkan Sahbaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.