Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Obtaining the value of electric field in a microwave oven

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

New student here, how can I obtain the value of electric field in a designed microwave oven after simulation? I read from the documentation gallery that it is under impedance boundary condition? But I did not get the value of Electric field. I am unable to post the file after clearing mesh and solution because it is still over 5mb. Please help.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 29, 2022, 11:42 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Apr 29, 2022, 11:42 p.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Apr 29, 2022, 11:45 p.m. EDT

If you have already completed and executed the model, all you have to do is add post processing. This has nothing to do with impedance boundary conditions per se (which is done in problem specification, not during plotting an already-computed result). Usually, for a solved Comsol model, even if you don't add anything to the default results, a multi-slice field solution is included under the Results automatically. Regardless, you can easily plot electric fields at points, along lines, on surfaces, as slices through the volume, as surface and volume arrow plots, and more.

Expand Results in the Model Builder. If you don't already see what you want, then right-click on Results to bring up a pop-up list. For example, you can choose 3D plot Group from that list. Then, right-click on the resulting 3D Plot Group that appears in the list and you will see another pop-up list of many more choices. Keep going and try them out. If you find it too confusing initially, you might want to work through some of the tutorial or application examples to learn more about how to select and plot fields and other quantities of interest, in places of interest to you in your model. I hope that helps. Good luck.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
If you have already completed and executed the model, all you have to do is add post processing. This has nothing to do with impedance boundary conditions per se (which is done in problem specification, not during plotting an already-computed result). Usually, for a solved Comsol model, even if you don't add anything to the default results, a multi-slice field solution is included under the Results automatically. Regardless, you can easily plot electric fields at points, along lines, on surfaces, as slices through the volume, as surface and volume arrow plots, and more. Expand Results in the Model Builder. If you don't already see what you want, then right-click on Results to bring up a pop-up list. For example, you can choose 3D plot Group from that list. Then, right-click on the resulting 3D Plot Group that appears in the list and you will see another pop-up list of many more choices. Keep going and try them out. If you find it too confusing initially, you might want to work through some of the tutorial or application examples to learn more about how to select and plot fields and other quantities of interest, in places of interest to you in your model. I hope that helps. Good luck.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.