Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent electric field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I would like your suggestion at hand.

I am a newbie at comsol. I have a model with two parts in a chamber. One part (DEE) is given the electrical potensial(-800v) while the rest are kept grounded.

I would like help in giving a variable electric field for this model. such a way that for a certain time period its at -800v and then moves to +800v with frequency 2.85e6Hz.

Could anyone give suggestions on this query?

My intent is to simulate a particle tracing in this model such that with the influence of the electric field the particle simulates a centrifugal motion such as in a cyclotron.

Kindly find the model attached with this query.

with regards, Ajay Mohan

1 Reply Last Post May 7, 2022, 1:07 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago May 7, 2022, 1:07 p.m. EDT

Hello anyone has an idea on this query?

I have got a particle trajectory result for setting potential Vo as -800v. But to alternate the potential between -800v to +800v what could be the equation to be set at potential?

So far i have got this equation with a waveform of sin function. V0wv1(sin(ft/4))

is this viable for a result?

Hello anyone has an idea on this query? I have got a particle trajectory result for setting potential Vo as -800v. But to alternate the potential between -800v to +800v what could be the equation to be set at potential? So far i have got this equation with a waveform of sin function. V0*wv1(sin(f*t/4)) is this viable for a result?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.