Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lumped port help

Georgios Chatzidrosos

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a simple model of a co-planar waveguide on top of a substrate, as seen in the attached file. Whenever I try to compute my result I get the error:

Uniform lumped port should be placed between two conductive boundaries. - Feature: Uniform Element 2 (ue2) - Feature: Uniform Element 1 (ue1)

I do not understand why that happens. I made sure to select the neighbouring boundaries as PEC and set up my Lumped ports based on option two from here: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/modeling-coplanar-waveguides

Could you kindly explain to me what I am doing wrong?

Best Georgios

1 Reply Last Post Oct 20, 2022, 11:49 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 20, 2022, 11:49 a.m. EDT
  1. Your PEC (set by default) zy planes at x = -2250 µm and x = +2250 µm are shorting out your lumped ports. So those planes should probably not be specified as PEC.
  2. There may still be other important issues in your model that need to be addressed, but fixing the above will eliminate the error message you reported.
-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
1. Your PEC (set by default) zy planes at x = -2250 µm and x = +2250 µm are *shorting out* your lumped ports. So those planes should probably not be specified as PEC. 2. There may still be other important issues in your model that need to be addressed, but fixing the above will eliminate the error message you reported.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.