Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time and Temperature dependent material properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone, Still a COMSOL newbie so this might be a very simple question. I am running a time-dependent heat transfer model. In my model, the thermal conductivity of the material changes with temperature (T3) (which changes with time since this is a time-dependent study). I wrote a simple analytical function and used that as an input to the material properties. See screengrab. As you can see, when I plot the analytical function, it looks fine.

I can run the model fine too. However, when I plot the thermal conductivity, I do not see any fluctuation with Temperature or time. I assume that I have somehow not coupled the material properties to change with time and temperature?

Any tips highly appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 9, 2023, 1:35 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lujendra Ojha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.