Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to draw a hemisphere?

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello friends,

Am trying to draw a hemisphere,i drew a full sphere and tried to split but i cannot do it!!!
Expecting your help.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Last Post Aug 11, 2015, 1:44 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 30, 2012, 1:13 p.m. EDT
Draw a block with one of its surfaces coincident with the center of your sphere, select the two objetcs and do an Intersection (under boolen transformations, if I recall correctly). The result will be an hemisphere.
Draw a block with one of its surfaces coincident with the center of your sphere, select the two objetcs and do an Intersection (under boolen transformations, if I recall correctly). The result will be an hemisphere.

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 30, 2012, 3:54 p.m. EDT
Thank you sir
Thank you sir

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 10, 2015, 1:16 p.m. EDT
Can you help me on how you developed the hemisphere. I have been trying to develop one on my own for a simulation am trying to run. Thank you
Can you help me on how you developed the hemisphere. I have been trying to develop one on my own for a simulation am trying to run. Thank you

Posted: 9 years ago Aug 11, 2015, 1:44 a.m. EDT
Draw a sphere and a block that covers half of the sphere. Under Boolean operations use difference functionality. See attachment.
Draw a sphere and a block that covers half of the sphere. Under Boolean operations use difference functionality. See attachment.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.