Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

More verbosity from errors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello im pretty new in COMSOL and Im having problems settting up a model. Working with turbulent flow + reacting flow I have the error
Problem setting up multigrid
Analysis x has no mesh defined for geometry y
Error in multiphysics compilation
As you can imagine this has absolutely no meaning for me.
So anyone has a clue over the cause of the error. For the record the turbulence flow alone works perfectly.
Other thing. anyone knows if the message error can be turned to be "more explicit" im saying more than this short message????????

3 Replies Last Post Sep 18, 2016, 6:22 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2012, 9:40 a.m. EST
Hi

I agree it takes some time to get used to these, we have all the same issue, in your case your mesh is not complete, you have not meshed all entities (domains, boundaries ...) check your mesh and see if you should not add a final teth mesh node with the "remaining" selected, then COMSOL finishes off to mesh whatever is left unmeshed

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I agree it takes some time to get used to these, we have all the same issue, in your case your mesh is not complete, you have not meshed all entities (domains, boundaries ...) check your mesh and see if you should not add a final teth mesh node with the "remaining" selected, then COMSOL finishes off to mesh whatever is left unmeshed -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2012, 12:02 p.m. EST
Thanks for the response I will work with that and hope the situation turn better :)
Thanks for the response I will work with that and hope the situation turn better :)

Posted: 8 years ago Sep 18, 2016, 6:22 a.m. EDT
Hi all,
I am new to Comsol and I am trying to give a 3D laminar flow(spf) with time dependent studies in a cluster. I am using Comsol 5.2 and I am getting the following error.

Current Progress: 0 % - Form Union
Memory: 492/492 2020/2020
Open time: 43 s.
Running: Batch 1
Current Progress: 0 % - Reference 1
Memory: 474/492 2016/2020
Current Progress: 0 % - Free Tetrahedral 1
Number of vertex elements: 0
Current Progress: 0 % - Creating boundary mesh
Memory: 475/492 2092/2092
Current Progress: 0 % - Boundary Layers 1
Memory: 475/492 2096/2096
Current Progress: 0 % - Smoothing transition to interior mesh
Memory: 476/492 2096/2096

/******************/
/*****Error********/
/******************/
The following feature has encountered a problem:
Problem setting up multigrid.
Unsupported geometric entity level.
Error in multiphysics compilation.

I have tried both Domain decomposition and Multigrid method for the Iterative methods and both methods are giving the same error. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi all, I am new to Comsol and I am trying to give a 3D laminar flow(spf) with time dependent studies in a cluster. I am using Comsol 5.2 and I am getting the following error. Current Progress: 0 % - Form Union Memory: 492/492 2020/2020 Open time: 43 s. Running: Batch 1 Current Progress: 0 % - Reference 1 Memory: 474/492 2016/2020 Current Progress: 0 % - Free Tetrahedral 1 Number of vertex elements: 0 Current Progress: 0 % - Creating boundary mesh Memory: 475/492 2092/2092 Current Progress: 0 % - Boundary Layers 1 Memory: 475/492 2096/2096 Current Progress: 0 % - Smoothing transition to interior mesh Memory: 476/492 2096/2096 /******************/ /*****Error********/ /******************/ The following feature has encountered a problem: Problem setting up multigrid. Unsupported geometric entity level. Error in multiphysics compilation. I have tried both Domain decomposition and Multigrid method for the Iterative methods and both methods are giving the same error. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.