How to add aggregates to concrete's model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to model the inside of a small concrete parallelepiped to perform a mathematical estimate with comsol on water absorption. I would like to insert aggregates within it as spherical particles of variable diameter. The literature talks of a distribution with a Fuller curve with decreasing diameters. There are a few references in the literature, but not to how to do it. In this regard, for ending, I only found a YouTube video about that in a somewhat approximate way, that is, by creating a method and modifying the syntax of the code somehow.

Is this the solution to move forward? If not, does anyone have any ideas? Does someone advice to me better to use an external mesher?

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 5, 2024, 11:20 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 month ago Jun 5, 2024, 11:20 a.m. EDT

Hello Simone,

We have a blog post on how to write a script to generate a randomized geometry similar to yours.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Simone, We have a [blog post](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-create-a-randomized-geometry-using-model-methods) on how to write a script to generate a randomized geometry similar to yours. Best regards, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.