How To Create A Coefficient That Depends On Water Content

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm dealing with a 2 coupled PDE problem, related with diffusion of water in porous media, where the two variables are the temperature and the relative humidity.

I want to introduce a thermal conductivity which depends on the water content, k(w), but once I define it, it says that "I don't know what's w". I also defined w as an analytic function dependent on the relative humidity.

My question is: Can I define a coefficient that depends on a variable? (Apart from P or T)

Thanks a lot. Regards,

1 Reply Last Post Jun 28, 2024, 9:56 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 days ago Jun 28, 2024, 9:56 a.m. EDT

Hello Junhyeok,

If the relative humidity is "c", then your call to k should read something like k(w(c)). Give it a try, and post your mph file, with the mesh and solution cleared, if that does not resolve it.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Junhyeok, If the relative humidity is "c", then your call to k should read something like k(w(c)). Give it a try, and post your mph file, with the mesh and solution cleared, if that does not resolve it. Best, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.