Modelling an ultrasound wave (vibrations with fixed small amplitudes) in a membrane attached to an ultrasound transducer.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am fairly new to COMSOL Multiphysics and I am working on ultrasound transducers. An ultrasound transducer is fully attached to a circular membrane of certain thickness. The membrane is attached on the electrode of the transducer such that when there is a pulse voltage applied on the transducer and it displaces along its height it generates an ultrasound in the membrane connected. I am struggling to find a way to generate those vibrations in the membrane in my modelling. Can anyone suggest me how can I do that? Any advice/approach would be greatly appreciated as I am really stuck at this and am not able to find any document or material related to it. Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post Jul 26, 2024, 11:57 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 day ago Jul 26, 2024, 11:57 a.m. EDT
Updated: 23 hours ago Jul 26, 2024, 1:14 p.m. EDT

There are examples in the application library.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
There are examples in the application library.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.