Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Enquiry

Moses Omolayo Petinrin

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

Please I have these three questions to be answered.
1. Why did the comsol 4.0 did not come with k-omega model which I prefer to k-epsilon model but available in comsol 3.4? Because I believe k-omega is a better model than k-epsilon
2. Is the realizable k-epsilon model the same as using the realizability constraint with k-epsilon model?
3. Then how can one activate the realizability constraint in comsol 4.0?

I will be very happy if all these questions are answered.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 8, 2013, 12:40 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 8, 2013, 12:40 p.m. EST
Hi

4.0 was the first out of a "r"evolution of the COMSOl GUI, so it was not fully ironed out, any "first release of any software I know have child-sikness, so the best is really forget old 4.0, get the latest, you will gain soooo much time and effort, not to say frustrations ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi 4.0 was the first out of a "r"evolution of the COMSOl GUI, so it was not fully ironed out, any "first release of any software I know have child-sikness, so the best is really forget old 4.0, get the latest, you will gain soooo much time and effort, not to say frustrations ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.