Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

shear wave propagation simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a shear wave propagation in a homogeneous, isotropic, and linearly elastic material. I constructed a cube for simulation and applied fixed boundary condition to one side of the cube. The displacement was prescribed to the other side of the cube. The purpose is to get four sampling points in one vibration cycle. So I used "Frequency Domain" for my study. However, when I export the results to matlab, I could not see the temporal changes in one vibration cycle. Could anyone help me on this?

Also, does anyone know how can I view the displacement plot in comsol? I only see the von Mises stress in the result tab. But I could view the displacement in the results exported to matlab.

Thank you!

Aaron

0 Replies Last Post Feb 15, 2013, 11:00 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron Feng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.