Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"No frame is defined for 0D applications"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello again.

I am trying to simulate an E-core transformer. When I click the study 1 and select the show default solver there is an error occurs "No frame is defined for 0D applications" . What is it mean?

Thanks

Asli

8 Replies Last Post Apr 7, 2016, 8:43 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 22, 2013, 7:26 a.m. EST
Hi

are you sure you selected "3D" or "2D" when starting your model ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure you selected "3D" or "2D" when starting your model ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 22, 2013, 9:58 a.m. EST
Hello,

Yes, of course I'm sure I selected 3D . I don't understand why the program gives this error :(
When I changed the electrical circuit node's parameters (for example resistor, external I vs U. parameters (i.e p:3 n is empty) etc. ) this time program gives an another error such as "The DAE is structurally inconsistent. Variables:2 Equations:1 Error in automatic sequence generation"

I appreciate you can give me some suggestion

Regards

Asli
Hello, Yes, of course I'm sure I selected 3D . I don't understand why the program gives this error :( When I changed the electrical circuit node's parameters (for example resistor, external I vs U. parameters (i.e p:3 n is empty) etc. ) this time program gives an another error such as "The DAE is structurally inconsistent. Variables:2 Equations:1 Error in automatic sequence generation" I appreciate you can give me some suggestion Regards Asli

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 22, 2013, 1:16 p.m. EST
Hi

it's rue CIRis 0D "physics" so it's therein, you need to have a logical circuit without tangling items, check again your id numers, and note these re different (not linked) to the Terminal number id's

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it's rue CIRis 0D "physics" so it's therein, you need to have a logical circuit without tangling items, check again your id numers, and note these re different (not linked) to the Terminal number id's -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 24, 2013, 4:28 a.m. EST
Hello Mr. Ivar,

What are the means of the terminal numbers and id numbers? Can you give me an example? I can not found the solution :(

My elecrical circuit (cir) parameters are:

Groung node 1: Connected to node 0

Voltage Source: p:1 n:0

External I Vs. U 1 : p:2 n:1

Resistor 1 : p:0 n:2

External I Vs. U 2 : p:3 n:0

Resistor 2: p:0 n:3
Hello Mr. Ivar, What are the means of the terminal numbers and id numbers? Can you give me an example? I can not found the solution :( My elecrical circuit (cir) parameters are: Groung node 1: Connected to node 0 Voltage Source: p:1 n:0 External I Vs. U 1 : p:2 n:1 Resistor 1 : p:0 n:2 External I Vs. U 2 : p:3 n:0 Resistor 2: p:0 n:3

Posted: 1 decade ago May 13, 2013, 6:57 a.m. EDT
Hello,

I am having the exact same issue attempting to model an E-Core transformer. Has anyone found out what the problem was?
Hello, I am having the exact same issue attempting to model an E-Core transformer. Has anyone found out what the problem was?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 2, 2013, 1:14 p.m. EDT
Were you using the time domain, as in the example model? I was also having this problem, and I discovered that switching from frequency domain to time domain fixed it.
Were you using the time domain, as in the example model? I was also having this problem, and I discovered that switching from frequency domain to time domain fixed it.

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 28, 2013, 9:10 a.m. EST
Do you mean model in this site?
I had same problem.
First, I only solve with time dependent study.
It was solved. And then, I added coil calculation. It worked.
Do you mean model in this site? I had same problem. First, I only solve with time dependent study. It was solved. And then, I added coil calculation. It worked.

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 7, 2016, 8:43 a.m. EDT
hello,I have the same problem,but I find the solution method .Maybe you circuit source is wrong ,and you can change it.
hello,I have the same problem,but I find the solution method .Maybe you circuit source is wrong ,and you can change it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.