Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to find temperature variation for a single element in my model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My model has 7 elements as a whole. I am able to plot the temperature variations of the whole model but not for any separate element in the model. I request if somebody helps me know how to plot the variation of temperature of a single solid or a variation along a plane in a solid.

Further, In my model, I wish to know the temperature variation across a curved line and plot it in a graph. As the dimensions vary along, either x-y or y-z or z-x, can you give me an idea how to plot the temperature variations??

1 Reply Last Post Mar 15, 2013, 6:57 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 15, 2013, 6:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

if you cannot add "internal" boundaries in your domains for using these to measure long, you have the numerous options on the Data sets, making pruned data set, with only one domain, or a cut plane , cut line ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you cannot add "internal" boundaries in your domains for using these to measure long, you have the numerous options on the Data sets, making pruned data set, with only one domain, or a cut plane , cut line ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.