Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in Meshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are using a cORROSION module based on a complex imported geometry (steel cage in ac oncrete with five surface boundaries).After following the sequence of steps to simulate an OIL PLATFORM module in Corrosion, in the MESH section, I clicked Mesh button and went to SIZE option. Here after inputing various values in the MESH SETTING SECTION, the model crashes out. The total COMSOL software closes and we have reopen the module each time. We do not get any error message during closing and opening of the SOFTWARE PACKAGE

Thanking you,

Avijit Basu
Ryerson University, Toronto
Canada

2 Replies Last Post Mar 26, 2013, 1:57 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 25, 2013, 10:58 p.m. EDT
Not enough information to help you. Perhaps you could attach the model if not too large, and I can try to mesh it for you.

--
Steven Conrad, MD PhD
LSU Health
Not enough information to help you. Perhaps you could attach the model if not too large, and I can try to mesh it for you. -- Steven Conrad, MD PhD LSU Health

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 26, 2013, 1:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

meshing a complex structure is "delicate" and often requires some tweaking. Mostly one get away by meshing parts manually then finishing off the remaining. One thing to look after are "loops" try to cut these into several domains (at least two, and then mesh on and the other

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi meshing a complex structure is "delicate" and often requires some tweaking. Mostly one get away by meshing parts manually then finishing off the remaining. One thing to look after are "loops" try to cut these into several domains (at least two, and then mesh on and the other -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.