Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Visco-hyperelastic model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I need to implement a viscoelastic material model in Comsol for a Stretch Blow Molding simulation.
The model is a modified Christensen-Yang Visco-Hyperelastic constitutive law.

It should be possible to implement it (basing on my limited knowledeges on the software). It should be easy to implement the hyperelastic part, but I have some doubts on the viscous part of the equation.

There is the Viscous part of the 2nd Piola Kirckhoff Stress tensor (Sv) with the equation:

Sv= Integral (from 0 to t)([M4+M5*I2(tau)]exp(-(t-tau)/M6)*Et(tau)dtau)

with M4, M5 and M6 model parameters, I2 second invariant of the Cauchy-Green tensor and Et the Strain rate tensor.

I know I have to use a PDE to evaluate the integral (transforming I=intergral(u*dt) in dI/dt=u) but I don't know how to specify the difference between t and tau. t is the time variable which is incremented after each iteration. But how do I insert the tau (the "material memory") since the inegral is in dtau?

Also, for what concern the strain rate tensor, can I simply create 6 variables and write d(E11,t), d(E22,t) ecc ecc?

Thank you very much

Regards

0 Replies Last Post Apr 5, 2013, 12:09 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giampaolo Pileggi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.