Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2 stationary studies within one study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am interested in solving two stationary problems on the same geometry within one study. The only difference between the two problems is that the flux boundary condition is applied to different surfaces. The reason I would like them to be part of one study is so that I can use the results from both the problems and do optimization. Essentially the objective function that I would setup would involve results from both the problems.

Both problems have a time scale of 10 picoseconds and hence they reach steady state very quickly. I would prefer not to run a transient problem with the switch in the boundary conditions taking place after steady state is reached for each one of them.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Apr 8, 2013, 11:57 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 8, 2013, 11:57 a.m. EDT
Hi

probably the easiest is to set 2 stationary solver nodes under the same study node, for each you turn on and off the desired boundary loads (or you have grouped them in load groups) and then you rune both, COMSOL will normally add a Store solution node in the solver sequence and therefore you can access both data sets for your postprocessing

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi probably the easiest is to set 2 stationary solver nodes under the same study node, for each you turn on and off the desired boundary loads (or you have grouped them in load groups) and then you rune both, COMSOL will normally add a Store solution node in the solver sequence and therefore you can access both data sets for your postprocessing -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.