Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving mesh example

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Is there any example of using moving mesh with a pdf guideline?

I need to model a moving magnet next to a coil and calculate the induced voltage!

8 Replies Last Post Oct 15, 2014, 7:23 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 18, 2013, 11:30 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 18, 2013, 11:51 a.m. EDT
Thank you so much.

I am still working on your example to understand what it is trying to do. A quick question: in the prescribed deformation, domains 5 and 6 are assigned to have a prescribed mesh deformation in z direction. NA later on in prescribed mesh displacement 4 we assign the one of the boundaries of domains 5 and 6 to have the same prescribed z displacement, why?

Thank you so much. I am still working on your example to understand what it is trying to do. A quick question: in the prescribed deformation, domains 5 and 6 are assigned to have a prescribed mesh deformation in z direction. NA later on in prescribed mesh displacement 4 we assign the one of the boundaries of domains 5 and 6 to have the same prescribed z displacement, why?

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 25, 2014, 4:05 p.m. EST
can u share me with thatexample
can u share me with thatexample

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 26, 2014, 9:22 p.m. EST
Hey,

Sure, I will share it with you and I made this working. BUt first I have to remove soem of the parts which will be our design. So If I forget to do this with in the next days, remind me.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Hey, Sure, I will share it with you and I made this working. BUt first I have to remove soem of the parts which will be our design. So If I forget to do this with in the next days, remind me. Thanks, Ehsan

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 15, 2014, 9:11 a.m. EDT
hi there, I am also stuck with the moving mesh of a permanent magnet . can you send me a copy of the moving mesh example please ? thx a lot!
hi there, I am also stuck with the moving mesh of a permanent magnet . can you send me a copy of the moving mesh example please ? thx a lot!

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 23, 2014, 8:25 a.m. EDT
These days I tried to use the moving mesh program. But I found a problem.
When my model has a small work distance (i.e., we need less remeshing times), the moving mesh can work very well, but when it comes to a big model. It doesn't work..
So i really want to know if I have a wrong seeting?
Plz be kind share me your example.
Thank you so much.
Feifan
These days I tried to use the moving mesh program. But I found a problem. When my model has a small work distance (i.e., we need less remeshing times), the moving mesh can work very well, but when it comes to a big model. It doesn't work.. So i really want to know if I have a wrong seeting? Plz be kind share me your example. Thank you so much. Feifan

Mohammad Uzzal Hossain Joardder

Posted: 10 years ago Sep 17, 2014, 11:14 p.m. EDT
Hi,
I ma doing moving mesh of food due to heat and mass transfer.
Do you have any moving mesh example with PDF guideline.

Thank you in advance.

King regards,
Mohammad Joardder
Hi, I ma doing moving mesh of food due to heat and mass transfer. Do you have any moving mesh example with PDF guideline. Thank you in advance. King regards, Mohammad Joardder

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 15, 2014, 7:23 a.m. EDT
Arthur,

Can you send me the example of the moving mesh model? I am working on a similar motion described in the thread and would like something to follow.

Thank you
Arthur, Can you send me the example of the moving mesh model? I am working on a similar motion described in the thread and would like something to follow. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.