Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

System of PDEs with mixed order

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to solve the attached system of PDEs using the general PDE interface. However, I always get a singular matrix error. What am I missing?

3 Replies Last Post May 17, 2013, 8:28 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago May 16, 2013, 6:19 p.m. EDT
Hello!
I suggest to use the "COMSOL Search" feature available in the top right corner.

If you search for "singular matrix error" under Support Knowledge Base you will find 2 hits:
www.comsol.com/search/?subset=support_knowledge_base&s=singular+matrix+error

The first one answers the questions "What does the error message "Singular Matrix" mean?"

I hope this helps,
Valerio

--
Valerio Marra, Ph.D.
Technical Marketing Manager
COMSOL, Inc.
+1-781-273-3322
valerio@comsol.com
Hello! I suggest to use the "COMSOL Search" feature available in the top right corner. If you search for "singular matrix error" under Support Knowledge Base you will find 2 hits: http://www.comsol.com/search/?subset=support_knowledge_base&s=singular+matrix+error The first one answers the questions "What does the error message "Singular Matrix" mean?" I hope this helps, Valerio -- Valerio Marra, Ph.D. Technical Marketing Manager COMSOL, Inc. +1-781-273-3322 valerio@comsol.com

Posted: 1 decade ago May 16, 2013, 6:21 p.m. EDT
Hello,

I did already. That does not tell me how to set up problems where some equations are first order and some are second order.

Padmini
Hello, I did already. That does not tell me how to set up problems where some equations are first order and some are second order. Padmini

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2013, 8:28 a.m. EDT
Hello,

This Knowledge Base entry might be of help in your case:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/816/

Valerio

--
Valerio Marra, Ph.D.
Technical Marketing Manager
COMSOL, Inc.
+1-781-273-3322
valerio@comsol.com
Hello, This Knowledge Base entry might be of help in your case: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/816/ Valerio -- Valerio Marra, Ph.D. Technical Marketing Manager COMSOL, Inc. +1-781-273-3322 valerio@comsol.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.