Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

the best way to implement the anisotropic PML

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

For my master degree thesis, I’m doing some simulations on photonic bandgap fibers and I would ask you information on the PML. In particular, I'd like to know which is the best way to implement the anisotropic PML condition in COMSOL.
Our COMSOL version presents "cylindrical", "cartesian" or "user define" options to set the PML.
Instead, in the Subdomain Settings menù, Physics I can set anisotropy condition for the refractive index (diagonal, symmetric or full).
Is this manner right for solve the problem? Can you help me?

Thank you very much in advance

1 Reply Last Post Sep 5, 2015, 5:07 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vincenzo Manzo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Sep 5, 2015, 5:07 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Have you solved the problem?

Thanks
Hi, Have you solved the problem? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.