Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

wireless power transmission, 2 coil's

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I'm still relatively new to comsol but have some exercises through. Now to my task. I want to simulate an inductive transformer.

N1= 21
N2=18
f=140kHz
R1 R2
-----------|=====|-------- -------------|=====|-------
| N1 | | N2 |
(sin) ||||||| |||||| |
| | | |
------------------------------ -------------------------------
|
-----
--

netlist
V1 N001 0 SINE(0 330 140000)
R1 N002 N001 1
L1 N002 0 L ---canget to
R2 N003 0 1
L2 N003 0 L
.backanno
.end

As example, i have oriented me during my model to the ecore transformer which can be found here on the website.

Now the model
Primary coil is a multi-turn coil domain modeled, secondary coil is also modeled as a multi-turn coil domain second
I have the netlist for LTspice imported and the inductivitäten replaced with I vr U.

Now to evaluate and the calculations

Study 1
cc calc
cc calc2
FD direct and full coupled

results
1. no current flows through R1
2. Z = 111 +79i Ohm is much too large, the R real must not exceed 3Ohm

I not looked at the values ​​on the secondary side. Since the values on the primary side ​​are not correct.

I also upload my model was easy someone can help me here.
perhaps someone can help me here.
Best regards Viktor

0 Replies Last Post Jun 12, 2013, 6:20 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Viktor Reising

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.