Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to export data on selected points

Alberto Garcia-Cristobal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All

I have 1D line plot and I want to export the data of the plot on selected grid points, not the entire plot. Any Idea or suggestion would be of great help.

Regards,
A.

3 Replies Last Post Jul 16, 2013, 9:52 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 14, 2013, 4:41 p.m. EDT
I believe the answer to your question is:

Right click in "Derived Values"
choose "Point Evaluation"
Select the points and the expression
Evaluate

Also you can do in Matlab with the command mpheval or mphinterp

--
cheers,
Felipe BM
I believe the answer to your question is: Right click in "Derived Values" choose "Point Evaluation" Select the points and the expression Evaluate Also you can do in Matlab with the command mpheval or mphinterp -- cheers, Felipe BM

Alberto Garcia-Cristobal

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 15, 2013, 8:21 a.m. EDT
Dear Felipe

Thank you for your suggestions. I tried using 'Derived value' and then "Point Evaluation". In this way, only some (restricted ) points are available to choose.

By now I solved the problem using the following procedures.

1st. click 'Export'
2nd choose 'data'
- choose 'Grids' from ' points to evaluate in ' option
-finally define the grid (The starting point,,,grid gap and final points)

Regards,
A.
Dear Felipe Thank you for your suggestions. I tried using 'Derived value' and then "Point Evaluation". In this way, only some (restricted ) points are available to choose. By now I solved the problem using the following procedures. 1st. click 'Export' 2nd choose 'data' - choose 'Grids' from ' points to evaluate in ' option -finally define the grid (The starting point,,,grid gap and final points) Regards, A.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 16, 2013, 9:52 a.m. EDT
Way to go!

Que bueno! :)

--
cheers,
Felipe BM
Way to go! Que bueno! :) -- cheers, Felipe BM

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.