Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Accessing prior solutions while solving a Time-Dependent Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to create a condition for my bioheat transfer simulations that will deactivate blood perfusion effects when the maximum temperature (at any previous time point) exceeds 60 degrees Celsius. Blood perfusion is essentially cooling blood flow to a tissue, and is permanently removed once the tissue is "cooked" (heated above a threshold temperature).

Right now I've only been able to create a conditional statement that will deactivate perfusion if the current solved temperature is greater than the threshold. The issue is that during my modeling, the tissue undergoes successive heating/cooling cycles. So when the current temperature falls below that threshold, perfusion kicks back in again. Instead, I would like perfusion to be permanently disabled at that node once the temperature threshold has been exceeded.

Is there a simple way to call the maximum temperature (or any solved variable) for each node from any prior time point while solving a time-dependent study?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 7, 2013, 1:58 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vasant Salgaonkar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.