Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

dp/dx and dp/dy in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working with a N.S equation. Does anybody know that p in N.S equation is static pressure or not?
How can I find out that dp/dx=0 or dp/dy=0 in my simulation?

Comsol bring out p as a dependant variable, but why don't we have gradient of p?

we have u,v,spf U. how about pressure??

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Aug 20, 2013, 7:03 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 20, 2013, 7:03 a.m. EDT
I believe that p is the overall pressure (static+dynamic).

I did not find a convenient method to calculate the static pressure yet, but you can plot the gradient of the pressure in the various directions by using "px", "py", and "pz".
I believe that p is the overall pressure (static+dynamic). I did not find a convenient method to calculate the static pressure yet, but you can plot the gradient of the pressure in the various directions by using "px", "py", and "pz".

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.