Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Particle tracing for fluid flow - particle diameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I have been using particle tracing module for the past few weeks, but I guess i haven't understood the very concept of it.

I have designed a microweir structure inside the microchannel to separate cells of different dimension. The structure acts such a way that it allows smaller cells to flow over it and blocks the bigger cells
I have designed a simple channel in 3d which is 5 x 10 x 4 micrometers (Width x depth x height) and have included microweirs into it. In the Particle tracing physics i have inputted the particle diameter dp as 10 micrometers. And the simulation result shows the Particle trajectories.

My question is how do my particle of bigger dimension flow in a smaller channel? Is there a way to use the exact dimension of my particle without scaling it down.

Please help me as am trying to solve it since a long time

Thanks,
Lalitha

1 Reply Last Post Nov 12, 2013, 9:57 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 12, 2013, 9:57 p.m. EST
Am image of the channel and particles in it
Am image of the channel and particles in it

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.