Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

te modes

Polepalli Siva Krishna

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

how can i choose TE mode or tm mode in comsol4.2

2 Replies Last Post Dec 16, 2016, 8:25 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Polepalli Siva Krishna

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago Dec 10, 2014, 1:55 p.m. EST
Hi Polepalli,

Did you find a way to choose TE mode or TM mode in COMSOL. I have same problem.

I look forward to receiving your reply. Thank you.

Best regards,

Huashun Wen
Hi Polepalli, Did you find a way to choose TE mode or TM mode in COMSOL. I have same problem. I look forward to receiving your reply. Thank you. Best regards, Huashun Wen

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 16, 2016, 8:25 a.m. EST
Hello all,
I am also facing the same problem. I am using Electromagnetic wave frequency domain, but not able to find the option to select TE or TM mode. In this physics, there is one option named electromagnetic component solved for with 3 sub options: out of plane , in plane and 3 component. So which option will be correct and what is the process after selection of this option to select TM or TE mode.
Thank you in advance.
Hello all, I am also facing the same problem. I am using Electromagnetic wave frequency domain, but not able to find the option to select TE or TM mode. In this physics, there is one option named electromagnetic component solved for with 3 sub options: out of plane , in plane and 3 component. So which option will be correct and what is the process after selection of this option to select TM or TE mode. Thank you in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.