Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Distributing particles Randomly on the top of a 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to distribute some particles ( drawn using the tools in the geometry menu) on the top of a 3D cubical structure using some random function. Is there any way to do this?. Can anyone help me.....

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Binoy Chacko

4 Replies Last Post Jan 28, 2014, 6:00 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2014, 4:35 a.m. EST

COMSOL has a built in random function. Check the help.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
COMSOL has a built in random function. Check the help. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 27, 2014, 10:06 a.m. EST
Sir,

I had looked into that, but didn't see an option to link it with geometry.

Regards
Binoy
Sir, I had looked into that, but didn't see an option to link it with geometry. Regards Binoy

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 27, 2014, 10:28 a.m. EST

You can put any function into your geometry definition. Almost any input field in COMSOL can accept a number or a mathematical expression.

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You can put any function into your geometry definition. Almost any input field in COMSOL can accept a number or a mathematical expression. -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 28, 2014, 6:00 a.m. EST
Hello Edgar,

Thanks for your kind information.
I am trying to do as you said. But I'm only a beginner to this software.

Thanks again

Regards
BInoy Chacko

Hello Edgar, Thanks for your kind information. I am trying to do as you said. But I'm only a beginner to this software. Thanks again Regards BInoy Chacko

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.