Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE's regarding H-formulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all!

I am completely new Comsol user and I am struggling to deal with the Maxwell equations in H-formulation. I am trying to simulate very simple system which consists of superconductor surrounded by air (insulator) in 2D. I know that it is possible to use built-in module such as ''Magnetic Field Formulation'', however, the goal is to expand the system in the future where the H-formulation has to be used. Therefore, the equations have to be implemented by hand in PDE interface. At the moment I ended up having this equation:
curl(g(H)*curl(H))=partial H/partial t or in other way:
nabla x (g(H)*nabla x H)=partial H/partial t.
here g(H) is a function dependent on H. Other constants I omitted intentionally not to make equation cumbersome. So, I have double curl on the left and I do not how to proceed. I would appreciate any help.

Rokis

0 Replies Last Post Jan 28, 2014, 1:27 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rokas Bondzinskas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.