Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot the S11 plot of the patch antenna

Venkata Jagadish Prasad Vakati

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to know how to plot the S11 plot for the patch antenna

2 Replies Last Post Oct 4, 2015, 6:56 a.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 20, 2014, 3:55 p.m. EDT
OK, there are actually quite a number of ways to do this. Here is one example. Assuming that you have a current (4.x) version of Comsol Multiphysics and that you have configured your antenna to be fed by a port, and that it is port #1, then (after running solve):
1. In the Model Builder, click on "Results" to expand it.
2. Right click on "Results" and choose "1D Plot Group."
3. Right click on the new 1D Plot Group that appears in the listing, and choose "Global."
4. In the Plot dialog/tab/window/panel (or whatever they call it nowadays) find the y-Axis Data section and put emw.S11 into it. Alternatively, you could put emw.S11dB into it. There is also a drop down menu, if you hunt around for a while, offering a huge number of choices....
5. Click Plot.
OK, there are actually quite a number of ways to do this. Here is one example. Assuming that you have a current (4.x) version of Comsol Multiphysics and that you have configured your antenna to be fed by a port, and that it is port #1, then (after running solve): 1. In the Model Builder, click on "Results" to expand it. 2. Right click on "Results" and choose "1D Plot Group." 3. Right click on the new 1D Plot Group that appears in the listing, and choose "Global." 4. In the Plot dialog/tab/window/panel (or whatever they call it nowadays) find the y-Axis Data section and put emw.S11 into it. Alternatively, you could put emw.S11dB into it. There is also a drop down menu, if you hunt around for a while, offering a huge number of choices.... 5. Click Plot.

Posted: 9 years ago Oct 4, 2015, 6:56 a.m. EDT
excuseme, I have the same question
I already do the steps you said, but have no graph
where is the problem
excuseme, I have the same question I already do the steps you said, but have no graph where is the problem

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.