Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

use of lintotal in electrochemical battery modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

For my battery model to work exactly the way I want it to work, I need to compute the state of charge, which requires computation of the spatial average over an electrode, i.e. over 1 body in a minimum-3-body geometry joined in union. In the model, the ion concentration is mod1.c1, and as such I am trying to compute the sum of the concentration over the entire domain as lintotal(mod1.c1). When I go to compute the solution to the model in a time-dependent study, it generates the error message
No stored lintotal data.
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: lintotal(mod1.c1)
Even when I successfully generate a steady-state solution and go to start the time-dependent study, I also get that message. To me, this is strange, i.e. if an initial condition is specified or moreover read in from a successful predecessor study, then why is that not considered a "stiored linearization point" such that it can be used in lintotal().

Thanks for any feedback anyone can provide on this, or alternatively other COMSOL functions to enable me to compute my spatial average over an electrode without having to resort to COMSOL/MATLAB scripting.

Petar

0 Replies Last Post Apr 14, 2014, 10:10 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Petar Liovic

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.