Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plasma module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
i am a new comsol user, i built a 2 D axisymmetric DC discharge plasma jet with argon but when i plot electric field in either 1D plot or 2 D plot by writing -Vx in y axis, an error message "failed to evaluate variable Vx
when i edit y axis field by current density, electric field or displacement current density, comsol error" failed to evaluate mod1.dc.jdr"
i don't know how can i plot electric field,current density, or displacement current density

1 Reply Last Post May 19, 2014, 10:05 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 19, 2014, 10:05 a.m. EDT
Hi Viola,

Have you computed the study that solves for these variables? In your plot group node, have you selected the right data set? And in the graph subnode, have you selected the right domain? And are you sure you have entered the right variable names? I think the default variable name for the electric field in the x-direction is 'Ex'. You can check/set these variable names in the physics node that has this variable as dependent variable.
Hi Viola, Have you computed the study that solves for these variables? In your plot group node, have you selected the right data set? And in the graph subnode, have you selected the right domain? And are you sure you have entered the right variable names? I think the default variable name for the electric field in the x-direction is 'Ex'. You can check/set these variable names in the physics node that has this variable as dependent variable.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.