Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Issue with Time Dependent Solutions - please help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I am fairly new to Comsol and have been having issues getting a time dependent solution to work properly to model groundwater flow in porous media. I have attached a simplified model for reference. The problem i am having is when I solve the time dependent model, comsol stores the same solutions, which are the stationary solutions, for all of the different time steps (for example: range(0,60,3200)). I am looking to solve the solutions for head distribution at different times.

The simple model has zero head boundary conditions on all sides of the domain, and a pump source (-0.001 Kg/m^3s).

What am I missing? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
thanks

0 Replies Last Post May 26, 2014, 6:00 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron DesRoches

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.