Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

constrain and 1D integration in 2D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am trying to build a 2D model and I got stuck with integration and constrain in Comsol. My model consists of a simple rectangle. I want to introduce a constrain K for every value y at all times:
K(y,t)=int(A(x,y,t)dx)
A is a known function.
I believe it is very simple but I cannot find a proper solution.
Please help!

2 Replies Last Post Jun 5, 2014, 5:36 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 5, 2014, 5:17 a.m. EDT
So you just want to calculate the integral of A(x,y,t) over x for all y and t? When you say A is a known function you mean that it is a result that you have already calculated?
So you just want to calculate the integral of A(x,y,t) over x for all y and t? When you say A is a known function you mean that it is a result that you have already calculated?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 5, 2014, 5:36 a.m. EDT
Thank you for your reply. A is the variable in my study. I found this explanation:
www.comsol.com/blogs/analyze-simulation-results-projection-operators/
Now I am using Linear projection and it seems that it is working. However, I'm not happy that I have to use triangular mesh. I would like to use mapped mesh instead. Another problem is that linear projection makes my model run very slowly. Any suggestions how to deal with these problems?

Best Regards
Rokas
Thank you for your reply. A is the variable in my study. I found this explanation: http://www.comsol.com/blogs/analyze-simulation-results-projection-operators/ Now I am using Linear projection and it seems that it is working. However, I'm not happy that I have to use triangular mesh. I would like to use mapped mesh instead. Another problem is that linear projection makes my model run very slowly. Any suggestions how to deal with these problems? Best Regards Rokas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.