Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to convert txt data to graph?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In RF module, we can right click a 3D plot or a slice plot, and "add plot data to export". A txt data is exported in this way.
Here is my question: I have a modified txt data, how to import and plot it in comsol?
Specifically, I have txt data which contained x y z coordinate and color data. I can import this txt data into a table in comsol. But when clicking "table surface" button, it said "does not contain filled data".
Please help me with this problem.
Thanks a lot

3 Replies Last Post Feb 25, 2015, 10:09 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 4, 2014, 3:17 a.m. EDT
I am eager to know how to do this. Can anyone help me?
I am eager to know how to do this. Can anyone help me?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 4, 2014, 3:15 p.m. EDT
Hi
For plotting a data file, i hope the following procedure will be helpful for you.

1. Open Comsol, Right click on definition.
2. Select Interpolation.
3. Change the data source from table to file.
4.Browse the txt file you want to plot.
5. click on create plot.
Hi For plotting a data file, i hope the following procedure will be helpful for you. 1. Open Comsol, Right click on definition. 2. Select Interpolation. 3. Change the data source from table to file. 4.Browse the txt file you want to plot. 5. click on create plot.

Fazlul Rahman Mohd Yunus

Posted: 9 years ago Feb 25, 2015, 10:09 a.m. EST
Hi Janmejaya,

I just found this thread that discuss the problem which I also encountered. I have data file which is in 64x64 grid format and I need to display the data . I followed instructions you had given : Global definitions>functions>interpolation>data source>file>data format>grid
but at the end it come out with error message:
"interpolation arguments cannot have more than 3 arguments"

What had caused this error? Please help.

Regards
Fazlul
Hi Janmejaya, I just found this thread that discuss the problem which I also encountered. I have data file which is in 64x64 grid format and I need to display the data . I followed instructions you had given : Global definitions>functions>interpolation>data source>file>data format>grid but at the end it come out with error message: "interpolation arguments cannot have more than 3 arguments" What had caused this error? Please help. Regards Fazlul

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.